Stepping Stones

Life is an amazing thing, however sometimes it can get a bit much! I like to take life as it comes and do things in small steps in order to achieve everything I want to achieve in life! In my 'Why It's Ok Not To Be Ok' post I spoke about the next stages/ 'stepping stones' in my life... UNI! 

Reading back on that post now, I still have very similar emotions as I did then, however now I am beginning to learn how to cope with those emotions and use them to create more of a positive outcome. This week I popped into uni to do my final stages of registration ... even then it was all a bit overwhelming! Even though it was only me and a handful of other people in the room, it was still a nerve wracking experience. I think I felt a bit overwhelmed because it had suddenly hit home that I AM GOING TO UNI... little old Sophie has actually made it through school alive and is now going to uni! Seriously, where did the time go? 

I feel like I've blinked and my childhood has gone, which is sad I guess but I am even more excited about looking ahead into my future and creating many more amazing memories, in which I can look back on years to come and be proud of myself for making it through all those stepping stones in my life! 
Next Thursday my time at uni will commence *let the games begin*! I am going to meet everyone on my course (some of which I have already made contact with on Facebook *THANK YOU SOCIAL MEDIA FOR HELPING ME WITH MY SOCIAL ANXIETY ISSUES HAHA* and I am going to be put in my tutor group; only then do I think it's really going to feel real! 

I can't even begin to explain my excitement for uni now. I AM READY. Ready for the change. Ready for the struggles. Ready for the stress (believe me, there is going to be a lot of it). Ready to meet new people. READY FOR THE NEXT STEPPING STONE IN MY LIFE! 

A lot of people have asked me if I feel like I'm missing out on the 'true uni experience' because I'm not moving away/I'm staying at home. The answer to that simply is NO! In all honesty, it scares the absolute crap out me thinking about moving miles away from my family! Of course it would be a fun/new experience, but I just don't think it's an experience for me! I am a home girl. I like my home comforts and I think I will be more hard working in a comfortable home surrounding that I am used to, then a new dirty surrounding with other people that are literal strangers to me... NO THANK YOU! (no offence to my future uni friends, if I manage to make any at this rate haha) 
I'm probably one of the minority when I say that I'm not really bothered about Freshers. I think if I lived on campus in halls, then yeah I would go, but because I'm staying at home, Freshers is basically effort... I would have to commute to get to most places and it's not exactly in the 'nicer' areas of London (to go when you're drunk and alone past midnight)... and if I'm honest, I don't want peoples first impressions of me to be 'paralytic drunk Sophie, throwing up everywhere' < we have all been there, do not judge haha! 

The moral of this blog post is YES, I am finally ready for the next stepping stone in my life! I like to think that life is like a river that we need to cross. We have to get from one side of the river to the other, and the only way we can do this, is by leaping from stepping stone to stepping stone. Yes, you will have the odd stone that you will slip on and you will fall into the river/lake whatever your imagining right now... but you will get up and jump back onto a new stone. Each stepping stone in that river symbolises a stage in your life! I would say I am on the stone, just before halfway through the river... I have slipped plenty of times, but I've managed to dry off and pick myself back up; and every time I have leaped on to a new stone, I have made mistakes but I've learnt from them! 


Uni is the next stepping stone in my life... what's yours?! Comment below :) 
Thank you so much for all the support you give me/my blog! It means so much to me! Blogging is definitely the best stepping stone in my life so far <3 
I want to give you a little something to thank you all:

I have partnered up with Dizen clothing and they have given me an exclusive code to share with all of you lovely people!
Simply use 'PETALSOFPERFECTION20' to get 20% off of all full priced items (valid until the 16th Oct)... Enjoy :)

Comments

Back to Top