John Frieda || Beach Blonde*

I had just come off of my holiday in Portugal when John Frieda contacted me, asking if I would like to review some of their new 'Beach Blonde' collection! This was like a God send for me because the sun and chlorine etcccc from my holiday damaged my hair A LOT and it needed some tlc!
My natural hair is VERY VERY VERY unpredictable. I have naturally curly/frizzy hair which needs a lot of product in it! I can't brush my hair when it's dry because well... lets just say, it would probably look better even when I've stuck my finger in a plug socket. So I was really excited to try this shampoo, conditioner and sea salt spray to see if they had any difference on the condition of my hair!

I kindly got sent the 'Beach Blonde' Cool Dip Purifying Shampoo,  the Smooth Seas Detangling Conditioner  and the Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray
The shampoo has a peppermint and citrus scent which leaves your hair feeling so fresh, reminding you of those amazing summer days! The peppermint is not overpowering at all like some mint scented hair products can be. It actually reminded me of a Mojito, which admittedly I drank a lot of on holiday, so the scent will always bring back holiday memories for me :) I have used this shampoo quite a few times now and judging by my pictures, you can see that not a lot of product has gone from the bottle. You really don't need to use a lot, which is great because you can save a lot of money! The shampoo lathers up almost instantly and leaves your hair feeling so clean, smooth and repaired! 
Once I have used the shampoo, I go on to using the conditioner. Again, you don't need that much product... a little goes a long way! Personally I think this leaves your hair feeling amazing and silky, however my mum has used it and she said it left her hair feeling a bit greasy; so you really only need the smallest amount and also make sure you wash it out properly, otherwise it can go a bit greasy. This is also peppermint and citrus scented to compliment the shampoo. It also has kukui Nut Oil in its ingredients, which is rich in Omega 3; this gives your hair the 'nutrients' it needs to repair and detangle, in order for it to look 'beachy'. 
To finish off my hair routine, I use the Sea Salt spray. I'm a bit unsure about sea salt sprays on my hair. I think it's because my hair is very frizzy and curly naturally, that if I add any product that sort of 'dries' it out and adds texture, it can leave my hair looking very sorry for itself. I think I need to practice more with product and find the way of using it to suit my personal preference. However, if you want that little bit of texture and that beach wave look then this is most definitely the product for you!  
I hope you liked this blog post!
Thank you to John Frieda for sending me these amazing products to try out... I highly recommend them to everyone!
I apologise in advance if my blog posts are not as consistent as they usually are... I have just started Uni so I'm trying to juggle everything at once... but bare with me haha!

*The products in this post were not paid for by me; they were kindly sent by the company. However, all views are 100% my own and were not influenced by the brand. 

Comments

Back to Top